Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What We Learned From The Superfriends - Part One

And now series #2, What We Learned from the Superfriends.

This one was actually a breath of fresh air. I've been a huge (anti-)fan of the Superfriends for some time now. After reading an online review of one particular season of the somewhat-popular 70's cartoon show, I HAD to get the season on DVD. Fans of the television show Mystery Science Theater 3000 would absolutely love watching these cartoons. I know cartoons are supposed to take certain things for granted, and especially cartoon featuring superheroes--disobeying a law or two of physics along the way. But, seriously... If you haven't had a chance yet to watch a few clips of the show, I HIGHLY suggest that you do so before or after (or both) reading these posters. You'll come to appreciate them a lot more, as practically all of them are inside jokes based on the show. YouTube has a number of clips available to watch. Just type in "Challenge of the Superfriends" in the search bar.

"Why would these posters be part one?" you might ask. Well, you'll notice that only superheroes are listed. I have a whole other section for supervillians coming up (part 2), as well as just general observations about the show (part 3). Parts 2 and 3 will most likely not be the next two series of "What We Learned" that I do. Most likely, I'll pace them every few weeks or so. But in the meantime, enjoy.


What We Learned From The Superfriends - Part One: Heroes













1 comment:

bill_finger said...

I love it. I'm using it.