Thursday, September 18, 2008

What We Learned From The RPG Cliche List, Part 1

Good morning all. Tomorrow starts my 6 day vacation up in the state of NYC. My wife and I are looking forward to relaxing and spending time with friends. So, with a week of inactivity ahead, I got together a thread of 9 posters for What We Learned, and these turned out pretty good.

For those of you who have never visited the Grand List of Console RPG Cliches, you must go there now. I've read the list at least a hundred times over the last few years, and it just gets funnier each time (mostly because I've played other games that fit some of the cliches). Anyways, I'm going to be doing a few series from this list with the approval of the site's owner, Mark Sachs. In fact, I've asked him to critique them, so I could change the posters with better examples in the future.

The first series involves a nine-part cliche that deals with the rules of Travelling in RPGs. The phrase of each poster comes either directly from the site, verbatim, or is paraphrased to fit in the space below. Therefore, the posters are only mine by creation--the images are from games and the phrases from the RPG Cliche list. But feel free to enjoy.


What We Learned From The RPG Cliche List, Part 1











No comments: